Header Ads

Header ADS

12 Sad K-drama Quotes That Will Break Your Heart

We all had a fair share of heartbreaks. Nobody knows how many pieces we have to put back together, or how many crying nights we spend wondering what went wrong.

Just know that you’re not alone in this journey. Here are our favorite K-drama characters with their own broken hearts and painful goodbyes.

Let your emotions flow. It’s okay to be vulnerable. Take these sad quotes to help you acknowledge the pain, and maybe, one day, start healing.

Start-Up

Sometimes, the love we want isn’t the love we deserve.

“It was painful. When you looked at me, when you smiled at me, when you encouraged me. Knowing that I didn’t fully deserve it tore me apart.” 

Start-Up

Start Up Sad
Credits to: tvN

Healer

Loving someone deeply may slowly break us.


Moreso, if you give your heart out to someone who had no idea how to consume it.

“Even if I get hurt, there is nothing I can do. It’s okay even if she doesn’t know. I still want to be there for her. Don’t tell me to run away. I don’t know how to run away.” 

Healer

JCW sad
Credits to: KBS2

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay

Let it hurt. Let pain consume you – and that’s okay.

However, one day, it will be easier to breathe. One day, your soul will be much more beautiful and stronger.

“Your body is honest. When you’re in physical pain, you cry. But the heart is a liar. It stays quiet even when it’s hurting. Then, when you’re asleep, you finally weep and whimper like a dog.”

It’s Okay to Not Be Okay

It’s Okay to Not Be Okay Sad
Credits to: tvN

Goblin

It was a wonderful beginning, but what do you do when it feels like even the universe needs you to be apart?

Indeed, there are things beyond our control. It won’t be easy, but soon, we’ll be able to look back and say, “it’s worth it”.

“In our next life, I will make sure to be born with long life and stay by your side for a long while. I will beg the divinity to just let me do that.”

– Goblin

“You told me you wouldn’t let go of my hand.”

– Goblin

Goblin Sad Scene
Credits to: tvN

Master’s Sun

They say it’s a broken heart, but why is our whole body hurting?

 “When your heart doesn’t tell the truth, pain gives the answer.”

Master’s Sun

Master's Sun Sad
Credits to: SBS

Hi Bye, Mama

Moments end, and it hurts like hell. But at the end of the day, please treasure the good memories – because that is all that’s left.

“If I have known the time given to us was this short, I would have treasured every insignificant moment.”

Hi Bye, Mama

Descendants of the Sun

The thing about a broken heart is that we can’t forget. Moreover, we can’t either make these feelings disappear overnight.

Perhaps we just miss someone until it hurts, and until we learn to let go.

“I really missed you.  No matter what I did, I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I tried tiring myself out. I tried very hard to forget. I drank and did everything I could. But I still missed you a lot.”

– Descendants of the Sun

DOTS sad scene
Credits to: KBS2

“Let’s stop. If you’re going to be miserable because of me, just be happy on your own.”

Descendants of the Sun

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

It takes time to get out of the empty space. The memories and pain will hit you like whirlwind.

In spite of all the heartbreaks, when it’s all over – the rest of the days will be magical.

“If I had not met him, I would not yearn for him. 
If I did not know him, I would not think of him so much.
If we had not been together, I wouldn’t have to disappear.
If I did not treasure him so much, I wouldn’t have so many memories.
If I did not love him… we wouldn’t need to throw each other away. 
If we had not been face-to-face, we would have never been together.”

– Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

Scarlet Heart Crying
Credits to: SBS

Uncontrollably Fond

A broken heart pulls us into the dark abyss. The sadness and loneliness make us hate ourselves.

Oh, how we wish someone will come and tell us it’s okay that we feel this way.

“Sometimes when I say ‘I’m okay’ I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say ‘I know you are not.” 

– Uncontrollably Fond

Uncontrollably Fond sad scene
Credits to: KBS2

A World of Married Couple

Saying goodbye to someone who was once our world may be the hardest thing to do.

But the love you deserve will never take you for granted.

“One of the most painful things you can ever feel is to keep pretending to be okay even when you’re not. You keep all of it to yourself until you just can’t, and you break down”

– A World of Married Couple

A World of Married Couple crying
Credits to: JTBC

Relationships and love may end, but that doesn’t mean life has to be. A broken heart doesn’t define you.

Nonetheless, trust the process. The love you deserve will come when you least expect it.

You are so much more than you think you are.


Share this post:

No comments

Powered by Blogger.